Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can I take birth control pills while taking atenolol 25mg for blood pressure?

I 28, and have two girls, since I was 15 Ive been on birth control pills, I stopped them to conceive my two daughters, about 8 months ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and was prescribed atenolol 25mg once daily. I now want to go back on birth control pills since I really do not want children at this time. Maybe in a couple of years I will have another child but right now I really want to take care of myself and not come out pregnant, I want to finish my career etc. Ive been using condoms but its real annoying and its too risky if it breaks. So I want to know if its ok to go back on the pill while taking my bp medicine.Can I take birth control pills while taking atenolol 25mg for blood pressure?
This is a question that you need to ask you OB/GYN. When my wife was diagnosed with high blood pressure they would not give her birth control pills. My wife got a diaphragm and we never had any problems.Can I take birth control pills while taking atenolol 25mg for blood pressure?
you need to ask the doctor that prescribed the atenolol





not the teenagers of answers





no im not a teen but i still am not giving you an answer as im not a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment