Friday, May 14, 2010

My bathtub has a pressure valve that controls the amt of water released. Bill is still high.?

I was told that the water pressure is actually low and could be changed to the norm which is much higher. I have seen it at that high level before and it seems wasteful. The water gushes out. Question: Will the normal/higher water pressure make me use less hot water because it seems that i am spending more time in the hot shower because of the lower water pressure. BTW, I have one of those efficient shower heads. The device to calibrate the water pressure coming from the hot water tank is found in the cold/hot water handle on the tub. It's an old tub.My bathtub has a pressure valve that controls the amt of water released. Bill is still high.?
You should spend the same amount of time in the shower under the lower pressure as you did under the higher pressure. That will reduce your water consumption and your energy bills. Spending a longer time in the shower won't make you any cleaner, though I have to admit that there's nothing quite as nice as a long hot shower; but in these times we do have to be more careful about our use of resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment