Friday, May 14, 2010

How to control High Blood Pressure?

I am a 24 year old male. Both my parents have high blood pressure. I first realized that I had high blood pressure (160/90) when I was 22. When I went to the doctor I was told that I was too young to take any medication and was told to eat healthy and exercise regularly. Now my blood pressure fluctuates a lot ranging from 120/68 to 160/110. But normally its around 140/90. I have been eathing healthy and exercising regularly, but I don't see any significant reduction in my blood pressure. Any advice would be highly appreciated.How to control High Blood Pressure?
Three top ways to lower blood pressure:





Try to cut out as much salt as possible.





Drink lots of water.





Get plenty of aerobic exercise.





Sounds like you are doing these. Get a second opinion from another doctor. If non-medicine methods aren't working, then medication is needed.How to control High Blood Pressure?
I'm surprised your doctor told you you're too young. Given your family history and the fact you're watching your diet and exercising and still have high readings, I would think trying a low dose of medications would be in order. Are you under a lot of stress regularly? Perhaps you should seek a second medical opinion. Also, there are some tests that should be run to rule out certain pre-existing diseases and conditions.
relaxation and meditation techniques.


you could try yoga or some other form of physical relaxation.


i would actually recommend some sort of breathing form


(ala anna coy's work) but when you relax, your body's tissues let go of the water they have been retaining. The ';fight or flight'; response causes your body to retain water. True relaxation allows your body to let go of the preparation for hardship.


I would say find some sort of relaxing practice that you do each


day to teach yourself/your body how to truly relax. Advanced


yogis can easily do things like control their blood pressure and heart rate. sounds like you could benefit from that.


you might also consider biofeedback to learn how to control


your body for this purpose.


This is what i do: www.dancemeditation.org
A cardiologist must give you a checkup...Maybe you do need medicine. You can ask him or her if you can have enalapril or valsartan.
Exercise. Water. Get a life, you sound normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment