Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is the diuretic HCTZ safe for controlling High blood pressure?

My BP reading has been !45/95. Was prescribed 25mg of HCTZ daily.


Learn about the possible side effects andnot so sure is safe enough to feel confortable taking it.


Pls. any feedback will be appreciated.Is the diuretic HCTZ safe for controlling High blood pressure?
Hydrochlorthiazide (HCTZ) is a good diuretic, but not recommended for long treatment. It dries you up, and all your Blood chemistry is elevated. This gives false reading/s, consult your doctor, to switch on some Anti hypertensive medication if advisable.


Is the diuretic HCTZ safe for controlling High blood pressure?
Hydrochlorithiazide is a very commonly prescibed and well tolerated drug. I would not think twice about taking it. I am a nurse. I have seen tons of people on it and I have never seen anyone experience anything really bad. Don't worry so much! Maybe that's why your BP is high.
Yes, it is safe and I'd take it if prescribed to me. It works as a fluid pill, but also has a direct affect on the arteries to lower blood pressure. You will need to get your electrolytes checked after taking it awhile.
It is very safe. All meds have side effects - but this particular med works well - it is simply a water pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment