Friday, May 14, 2010

Controlling High Blood Pressure while on Adderall?

I am a college student and I'm not on any High Blood Pressure medications despite the fact that I have had reasonably high blood pressure for a few years now.





I'm prescribed Adderall for my ADD and to stop taking it isn't an option. I know that increased blood pressure is a side affect of Adderall.





I am well overweight just under the border line of grade 1 obesity according to my BMI.





Does anyone have any tips as to how to control my blood pressure?





I have a busy schedule and as a college student there isn't exactly much I can do about changing my diet.





Any help would be great!


Thanks.Controlling High Blood Pressure while on Adderall?
Aiming to get your weight down would be a good start. Link to sensible diet below.


Cut right down on added salt and sugar.


Eat very few fast foods, the recommended diet for hypertensives is on the lower link.


You could walk to college if it is near enough and go for a walk or a swim at the weekend.


Good luck with it all

No comments:

Post a Comment