Friday, May 14, 2010

What kind of birth control can I use that doesn't have estrogen? High blood pressure...?

I have some high blood pressure so my Dr advised me not to use the usual birth controls- such as Marvelon, because it can increase the risk for stroke. I'm only young- 25, so this shouldn't happen, but is there kinds out there that are safe for me? I know, I need to ask the Dr, and I will, but I'm just wondering what different ones you all know about. (Using condoms for now, but don't really like them!)What kind of birth control can I use that doesn't have estrogen? High blood pressure...?
The progesterone only pills. The Mini-pill.





Also you could use Depo-provera. Because it is also only progesterone, but if you don't like the side effects of Depo-Provera you can't just stop taking it. You have to wait for it to wear off.What kind of birth control can I use that doesn't have estrogen? High blood pressure...?
they make progesterone only pills...it's also called the ';mini'; pill...ask your ob if they offer that type of pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment