Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am scared now that my blood pressure is getting out of control! PLEASE HELP! Only 26!!?

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 3 years ago at the age of 23. I was taking inderal.


About two weeks ago I began feeling these ';electric shock'; feelings through my head back, jaw and shoulders so I went to my doc. My blood pressure was checked 4 times by meself at walmart and twice by my nurse. The lowest it was was 148 over 101 and the highest at 158 over 118. So my doc put me on Toprol XL and I have been on it for the last week or so. HOWEVER these feelings have not gone away. In fact tonight they seem worse. I even feel really heavy in my chest like someone is sitting on it. I have a doc appointment wednesday but I will be honest when I say this is the first time in three years I am starting to really worry about it. Any opinions on what I should watch for or if I am just over reacting? ANY INPUT APPRECIATED!!! THANKS! :)I am scared now that my blood pressure is getting out of control! PLEASE HELP! Only 26!!?
Do some short fast walks daily and call doctor to change new BP pills until you find the best for you. Also strict diet with 1500mg sodium/day (check the nutrition label), without caffein including decaffein (still 8% caffein), alcohol, spicy, and always keep feet warm enough.





Monitor BP with any foods intake to know which one works for you.





Concord red grape juice, vitamin C or aspirin maybe ease the symptom of chest discomfort. If the problem constantly reoccurs then you should admit ER.I am scared now that my blood pressure is getting out of control! PLEASE HELP! Only 26!!?
What is your salt intake per day? Start really tracking that. Yes, this might be hereditary, but if you aren't truely watching your salt intake, then you won't be able to control high blood pressure with just medicine alone.





Throw out all processed foods including frozen foods (frozen veggies are fine), ice cream, hamburger helper, basically anything that's ';Heat and serve';.
what you are suffering from is esetial hypertension .It can be hereditary mostly young ages Bp might be due to secondary causes. you hve to check ur plasma glucose . hormones .and kidney fuction test to get conclusion for the cause of hypertension . no need to get exicited , because excitiment it self may cause increase blood pressure by increase production of epinphrine resulting in vaso spasm of peripheral vessel and causes hypertension . heaviness over chest is the causes of hypertension and anxiety.same cause for the pain back of head
I would go to the doctor now. Do not wait. blood pressure that high can cause other problems.
eat less animal fat.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment