Friday, May 14, 2010

High blood pressure still not controlled with lisinopril and atenolol. Help!?

I am thirty-seven years old. I was diagnosed about two months ago with high blood pressure. Highest has been 198/122, average has been about 166/110. I started on 50mg atenolol and 5mg lisinopril, it didn't work now I take 50mg atenolol and 40mg lisinopril and it is still running about 145/105. Does anyone know how serious this is or if it will be able to be treated? I take those drugs once a day. Anyone have advice as to other drugs because eating healthy and all the other stuff I already do. I am only concerned because my wife and kids are scared I will be dying shortly, I'm not too worried but would like some advice. Thank you!!!High blood pressure still not controlled with lisinopril and atenolol. Help!?
Better consult your doctor, might be you require diuretics, in combination. Why be disheartened? rise up to the situation, and fight back, ok.High blood pressure still not controlled with lisinopril and atenolol. Help!?
Your doctor has just not yet come across the appropriate drug for you. There are probably hundreds of medications that can be prescribed and they don't always work on every one. You might ask your doctor about a diuretic. I take a beta blocker and diuretic and recently was put on an ace inhibitor as well and that did the trick.
ask your doctor about '; COREG '; I have been on it for 3 years and my bp is now perfect everytime. I started out on the highest dose possible ( 50 mg per day ) and now I am down to 12.5 mg a day, so the stuff does work but it is very expensive without insurance.
I am 42. I have High Blood Pressure. My Dr. started me on a new drug, Avapro. I seems to be helping. You are at a high risk for a stroke or heart attack. Hopefully, your Dr. talked to you about strokes and heart attacks. There are other things that can lead to having a stroke, but high blood pressure is a ';red flag';. There are many things that can cause high blood pressure. your Dr. should have given you an in-depth physical, blood tests, etc. What stresses do you have in your life? Stress, anxiety, marriage, children, finances, our economy these days, work, smoking, drinking, drug abuse and emotional things that you try to deal with, can cause an increase blood pressure. Your Dr. needs to find the source, and not just try and fix it with a pill.

1 comment:

  1. I've been taking 5mg of Lisinopril for one week now and feel 1000 times better since it has controlled my high blood pressure with zero side effects. I am very sensitive to medicines and their side effects. The lisonopril also allows me to continue taking allergy shots (as opposed to the beta blocker I had taken before).

    Lisinopril online

    ReplyDelete