Sunday, January 24, 2010

Could i still develop preeclampsia if my blood pressure is being controlled with meds?

im 36 weeks with first baby, im considered obese and throughout my pregnancy i have gained alot of weight and my feet and hands have been swellingCould i still develop preeclampsia if my blood pressure is being controlled with meds?
High blood pressure is just a symptom of preeclampsia. Controlling the symptom does not prevent the underlying condition.





Surprisingly, obesity does not put you at a higher risk for the condition (I asked when I developed preeclampsia myself at 36 weeks).





Also keep in mind that some amount of swelling is normal especially during the end of pregnancy. If you're concerned, call your doctor, but the biggest difference for me between normal pregnancy swelling and preeclampsia swelling (at least for me) is that the swelling I had before getting preeclampsia would get better over night (especially my ankles). But once I got preeclampsia my ankles were just as swollen in the morning as they were after being upright all day.Could i still develop preeclampsia if my blood pressure is being controlled with meds?
Yes, it could still develop

No comments:

Post a Comment