Friday, January 22, 2010

High blood pressure, birth control pills and PCOS...HELP!?

I am 27 and was diagnosed with high blood pressure a year ago. They took me off of BC pills and put me on Altace. My mom had high BP at my age too. Now I have PCOS and they are telling me the only thing that will help me to have periods is BC pills. I don't feel comfortable taking BC pills and blood pressure pills! Are there any other options??? BTW- I am a healthy person and am not overweight.High blood pressure, birth control pills and PCOS...HELP!?
Some women use Glucophage to help with the treatment of PCOS because of the issue that some have Insulin Resistance which is felt sometimes to be a contributor to PCOS. Some also have gone on low carb diets and used alternative treatments to help deal with PCOS.





One medication I also used to help control some of the symptoms of my PCOS is one called Aldactone.





I would recommend asking your doctor about a consultation with an endocrinologist (a doctor that diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders that relate to hormones such as PCOS) if you haven't already to see what other suggestions they may have.





I also have the link to a site that has some messageboards that may help you find even more information. The link is at: http://www.pcosupport.org

No comments:

Post a Comment