Friday, January 22, 2010

High Blood Pressure and Birth Control?

I was on Cilest for about 3 months and the entire time I felt anxious, paranoid, I couldn't sleep, along with a never ending headache.... I went to my doctor today to change the pills and my blood pressure has gone up drastically. The doctor said that if it doesn't go down I won't be allowed on birth control and I'll need to have scans ...





I'm wondering if it's the birthcontrol making it go up or could something else be wrong?High Blood Pressure and Birth Control?
The pill can raise blood pressure, and alot of other side effects, especially in people who drink alcohol or smoke.


Also can increase headaches.


Good luck.


UPDate: Some people just cannot tolerate certain medications, your doctor will advise you best. I know plenty of other people in similar situations as you. Just be happy your doctor is monitoring you so that a potential problem is being prevented.High Blood Pressure and Birth Control?
I have had the same problems. Prior to the pill My BP was 118/70. I had mine taken recently and it spiked to 140/85. I'm 23 by the way, and eat very healthy and exercise (no smoking or drinking.) Time to get off the pill...

Report Abuse



It could very well be the birth control as high blood pressure, as well as other heart problems, is a very common side effect of birth control. But if you are young you should still certainly check it out thoroughly just to be sure.
ha ha now u hav to get pergent
The pilll can raise your blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment