Sunday, January 24, 2010

Problems controlling blood pressure on medication?

Hi- Has anyone had trouble controlling their bp even on medication? I am on metoprolol and a diuretic and my bp is still high. I eat right, exercise, am not overweight... it just runs in my family. I do not have any kidney problems. Has anyone else experienced this? What finally worked for you?Problems controlling blood pressure on medication?
First, I'm assuming that your doctor has tested you for some of the uncommon things that can cause hypertension like yours.





Controlling BP can be a matter of trial %26amp; error. Some meds will work for some patients, but not others. This process is as frustrating for the doctor as the patient.





There are several more ';classes'; of BP meds that you're not on. Be patient %26amp; keep working with your doctor.





Good luckProblems controlling blood pressure on medication?
medication will screw you up so get off it if you can.


and if you cant then good luck to you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment