Sunday, January 24, 2010

I already have uncontrolled blood pressure and I can't control my salt addiction...Can you please help.?

I use Morton's lite salt on my food in the plate but I don't cook with it. I really don't want to dig my own grave with my teeth.I already have uncontrolled blood pressure and I can't control my salt addiction...Can you please help.?
you cant be addicted to salt, for goodness sakes stop being such a spoiled self serving nut, if you have a stroke or heart attack of die then I hope that taste of salt was worth it. you have just convinced yourself that the tasteless food you are eating tastes better with salt, it doesnt, why not try cooking some really good food and taste what it is supposed to taste like? Dont eat stuff that you have salt on it. Change your ways, dont eat fast food, dont eat anything that needs salt and give it two solid weeks... I bet you anything, that after the two week break, you wont be able to stand the taste of salt... if you smoke or have just ruined your tastebuds temporaily, then dont worry, it will all come back, you only have four tastes, sweet, sour, salt, or bitter and most of the taste comes from the smell, so before eating a meal, blow your nose, rinse your mouth, and make sure that the food is not too hot and go slowly, breathe and smell the food, enjoy it and use onions, garlic, and lots of other spices to make bland food taste better, pepper... but lay off the salt!





Remember it is NOT an addiction, you cant be addicted to salt, you just cant. You may actually find that you enjoy cooking and making food that has a great taste, and will get mad at people that put salt in your food!!! Good luck.I already have uncontrolled blood pressure and I can't control my salt addiction...Can you please help.?
I am giving you a brake, you do want to live, right? it is just a habit, salt sort of burns your taste buds. the reason I was tough on you is because that was what worked on me.... I thought I had to have salt on my salt... hahahahahah good luck...

Report Abuse



Salt isn't the only cause Genetics %26amp; possibly stress/anxiety play a role Are you sure your blood pressure is uncontrolled or does it just go up %26amp; down?
You need to be careful with salt substitutes which are primarily potassium. The best strategy is to cut it out completely but to do so in steps. If it is just1 tsp every other day for a start you are doing something! Eventually you will no longer crave it all together. Mrs. Dash herbal blend worked well for me. You have three different kinds to choose from. Good luck.
I had to give up salt for my health too.


I cut it out of my diet all together by using only natural unprocessed ingredients - fruit, veg %26amp; meats. Also flours etc that don't contain salt. You'll find that there are many more lovely %26amp; varied food flavours than you realised once you're not adding salt to everything.


It's best to stick to the natural unprocessed foods although nowadays they are producing more salt free foods llike butter etc. Always read the labels on things before you buy - they'll tell you if something is salt free but also you'll find that a lot of things that you wouldn't expect to contain salt do have some.


Good luck %26amp; enjoy all the different flavours.
I like salt quite a bit myself. My best suggestion is to try other spices, juices, herbs, condiments, whatever, that don't have salt and can spice up your food. There are many to choose from.
You should probably just take out salt all together from your diet. you don't really need to add salt to your foods.. They have enough flavor already.
Its called NO SALT and you can buy it anywhere salt is sold and tastes the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment