Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm diabetic. My diabetes is under control, but my blood pressure seems kind of high?

I'm taking my meds for the blood pressure and it seems to be high or borderline. Would I have to limit on my intake on the sodium. How can I calculate the amount I can consume per day, w/o raising my blood sugar. thank you.I'm diabetic. My diabetes is under control, but my blood pressure seems kind of high?
It's not too hard to limit the sodium without interfering with your diabetes. Start by limiting table salt, and substituting things like Mrs Dash (salt substitute). Avoid canned foods, they are all high in sodium, use fresh or frozen foods instead. Processed meats such as bologna, hot dogs, sausages, bacon, ham are all high in sodium, so substitute chicken or fish when possible. And watch out for sodas, a lot of the colas (the dark ones) have sodium.





Start out here, increase your intake of water, and you will be well on your way to a good reduced-sodium diet. If 2 weeks of this does not help lower your BP, talk to your physician about it.I'm diabetic. My diabetes is under control, but my blood pressure seems kind of high?
definetly cut back on the sodium, that is a main cause of blood pressure problems! also just adding a little more exercise can make all the difference, doesn't even have to be much more to see a change.
You might want to see if your doctor will refer you to a Dietitian. A good dietitian will be able to help you work it out.





All I could say is try to avoid food that is obviously high salt.





I have high blood pressure, it's under control on medication, but sometime it goes a little high if I have a lot of salt that day.
Definitely limit your sodium. To begin with, don't use salt when cooking, use other spices and herbs. Secondly, don't add salt at the table. There are plenty of ways to spice up your food without salt. Also remember to drink water every day to help flush your system of the salts and other things you don't need.
Do you have any extra fluid (edema) on you, that could raise your bp as well. For example swelling in legs, or puffy hands, face.... To be sure though go see the Doc.
  • makeup beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment